You could WIN an iPad 2
* Update 31 January 2012 * This competition is now closed *
The Writing Lab is proud to announce that we are hosting Australia’s first Facebook Short Story Competition.
With a super-tight word count, public votes deciding the winner, and everyone’s favourite object of desire as 1st prize, this should be lots of fun.
So get scribbling, get your friends to like your story – and good luck!
Here’s how it works
- To enter, go to the competition post on our Facebook page.
- Post your story as a comment.
- The story with the most ‘likes’ at midnight, 31 Dec 2011, wins!
- Minimum length is 300 characters and maximum length is 420 characters including spaces. Please use this page to check your story’s length before posting.
- Your story should be a previously unpublished work of creative fiction.
- One entry per person.
- In the event of a draw on the basis of ‘likes’, our judges will decide the winner.
- Winner announced here and on Facebook 1 Jan 2012. Prize dispatched by 31 Jan 2012.
- First prize is a 16GB iPad 2 with WiFi.
- Anyone can enter but prize will only be delivered within Australia – not overseas.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any entry at our discretion.